I have a Dell Inspiron 1505 and I have the blue screen of death can somebody please give me some help. I have no idea what to do have had this laptop for 3 years and this is the first time this happened.
I cannot tell what is causing the problem without running some diagnostic tests. This could be either software or hardware related problem.
You can try some of the following suggestions.
1. Turn on the laptop and press F8 when the logo appears on the screen. From the boot menu select Last Known Good Configuration press the Enter key.
2. Can you boot the laptop in Safe Mode? Try using the system restore utility and take it back the last restore point when the laptop was running fine.
3. It’s possible that one of the memory modules is bad. If you have two modules installed, remove them one by one and try starting the laptop with each RAM module separately. If the laptop works with one module but you getting the BSOD error with the second module, most likely the second module is bad. If you have only one module installed, try replacing it with a known good module.
4. This problem could be related to the hard drive. Turn on the laptop and listen for the hard drive noises. If it makes repetitive clicking or grinding noise, apparently the hard drive is bad.
Remove the hard dive and find out who made it. Go to the manufacturer’s website and download the hard dive diagnostic utility. Test the hard drive.
5. If you think that the hard drive and memory is good and steps 1 and 2 do not help, try reinstalling the operating system from the recovery disc.