I have problem with my screen flickering a rainbow of colors even when I was at the Windows bootup logo. But when i using a video output everything is fine. Any Idea?
I have a Compaq Presario V3000 Series Notebook PC.
The external video works fine, so your problem is not software related. I don’t think it’s motherboard or video card related problem either, otherwise you would get garbled video on the external monitor.
You can have this problem because of:
1. Loose connection between the video cable and the LCD screen. Try reseating connection on the back of the LCD screen.
2. Loose connection between the video cable and the motherboard. Try reseating connection on the motherboard.
2. Bad video cable. Try replacing the cable.
3. Defective LCD screen. Replace the screen.
4. Problem with the motherboard but it’s not very likely.